Senior Manager, Renewable Energy
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Manager, Renewable Energy will report to the Director, Electric Power and play a key role in our work with investors and companies to materially ramp up renewable energy investment. This full-time position will focus on encouraging companies to boost renewable energy goals, advancing policies that enable increased renewable energy, and producing analytical materials that make the business case for renewable energy. This position will play a key role as Ceres coordinates investor and other stakeholders to engage with companies in accelerating their investments in clean energy and reducing climate impacts. Many of the investors who will be involved in this effort are part of the Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability (Ceres Investor Network), a project of Ceres that comprises a network of more than 120 investors, collectively managing over $15 trillion in assets. Members include state treasurers, pension funds, foundations, socially responsible asset managers, and religious institutional investors, among others.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Design and implement cross-organizational strategy to boost private sector deployment of renewable energy, working in close coordination with the Electric Power Program Director and in collaboration with the Policy/BICEP, Company Network, Investor and California teams
• Support Electric Power and Company Network Teams with regard to engaging companies to build support for, and enable, renewable energy goals and investments
• Coordinate with Investor Team to support investors on engagement with power companies and other companies on renewable energy, and to unleash investor support for renewable energy policies
• Support Policy and California Teams on state and federal renewable energy incentives and policies
• Represent Ceres in connection with external partnerships and at strategic convenings/events regarding renewable energy
• Coordinate, oversee and/or conduct research on renewable energy, with a particular focus on the business case, opportunities, and public policy context for investors and companies
• Partner with Ceres’ Director of Shareholder Engagement, drafting memoranda, letters and other documents making the business case for investor and corporate leadership on renewable energy as a cost-effective strategy for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and addressing climate change
• Work with the Ceres Communications Team and the Electric Power Program Director to draft content for the Ceres and Ceres Investor Network websites, newsletters, press releases, reports and other publications
• Coordinate with Ceres Development Team to develop fundraising proposals to support Ceres’ renewable energy work
• Co-supervise consultants and interns, including hiring, training, conducting reviews and supporting professional development
• Undertake some shared administrative work such as tracking company engagements, collecting success stories, tracking corporate commitments, and preparing minutes for meetings and conference calls.
• Minimum of seven years of work experience in a related field;
• Bachelor degree required and advanced degree preferred;
• Knowledge of, and experience related to climate change, renewable energy and corporate sustainability issues;
• Understanding of the role of business and the financial sector/investment community;
• Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, superior leadership ability, strong initiative and motivation;
• Successful record of organizing and executing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
• Excellent research and writing skills;
• Experience supervising staff members or external consultants;
• Strong meeting facilitation and verbal communication skills;
• Experience working with the media, a plus;
• Knowledge regarding clean energy investment and finance, a plus;
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
• Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, Google Docs, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Justmeans