Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships, California
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
Ceres’ policy priorities include a focus on California water management policies and funding mechanisms, a focus on California climate policies including carbon pricing, renewable energy policies and clean transportation policies. To advance these policies, Ceres deploys businesses and investors as advocates and public opinion makers.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships, California will build our network of businesses who will work with Ceres to advance our policy priorities. The Senior Manager will develop and implement a plan to build our Connect the Drops and BICEP networks by identifying and recruiting new companies to the networks, deepening and expanding our work with current company partners and building strategic partnerships with other business organizations to bring their voices to bear on our work. Working with Ceres California Office staff, the Senior Manager will identify and reach out to businesses and business organizations already aligned with Ceres’ sustainability agenda across the spectrum of industry sectors. The Senior Manager will work with large, medium, and small businesses and focus on companies with a business footprint in both the metropolitan regions of Los Angeles and San Francisco and key legislative districts in Central Valley, Orange County.
The Senior Manager will develop the leadership of corporate partners by supporting them in their own sustainability initiatives around climate and water and demonstrate the need for strong state policy to support their sustainability strategies. In support of Ceres’ CA legislative campaigns, the Senior Manager will work directly with companies to get letters and calls to legislators, coordinate op-eds and other media placements, and identify opportunities for industry leadership through speaking engagements, social media and written publications. The Senior Manager will work with other staff across all of Ceres to bring CA companies to support all of Ceres’ priorities.
This is a full-time position, based in our San Francisco office and will report to the California Program Director, with a dotted line to the Policy and BICEP Network Program Director.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• In coordination with the Policy Team, develop a plan to recruit new companies to Connect the Drops and BICEP networks to support Ceres’ California policy priorities.
• Build the leadership of CA companies by supporting them in their own sustainability initiatives and deploying them on Ceres’ CA policy priorities.
• Manage relationships with other business networks engaged in CA policy work.
• Support CA companies their advocacy initiatives (legislator visits and letters, public media, speaking engagements and industry communications).
• Engage CA companies in all of Ceres’ priorities by working across the organization to identify opportunities for corporate engagement and leadership.
• Support California program initiatives and Ceres initiatives including Ceres annual conference, development events and Ceres’ wide communications initiatives.
• Develop and implement strategies to build the Ceres brand with companies in California.
• Master degree in business, environment, law or public policy or related field preferred.
• Bachelor degree, required.
• Minimum of 7 years of work experience in corporate sustainability, policy advocacy or related field, required.
• 5+ years experience working with corporate directors and senior management staff.
• Strong writing and public speaking.
• Demonstrated interest in environmental or sustainability issues, preferred.
• Existing relationships with California companies, preferred.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to evaluate workload and prioritize projects.
• Able to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
• Able to work well independently and as a team member.
• Comfortable working with different personalities and people.
• Desire to work in a mission-driven / nonprofit environment.
• Willingness to travel to accomplish duties.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Justmeans