Senior Associate, Water and Food
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
Ceres’ Water & Food team works to protect freshwater and forests from the impacts of agriculture, largely with a focus on influencing the largest food and beverage companies to improve the sustainability of their agricultural sourcing policies and practices. We are seeking a Senior Associate to support key projects and contribute to research and development of thought leadership on water and deforestation impacts of agricultural supply chains.
This full-time position will be based in our Boston office. It reports to the Manager, Water & Agriculture, with dotted line reporting to the Senior Manager, Food & Capital Markets.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with Manager and Senior Manager to collect, track and manage data on food companies from financials to sustainability metrics.
• Conduct research and analyses on food companies to inform external publications and educational tools for investors
• Draft briefing documents and support the Manager and Senior Manager in keeping sustainable agriculture content on Ceres websites, newsletters and/or external publications up to date.
• Help support relationships with key external partners working on sustainable agriculture and deforestation issues by way of research and logistics.
• Assist with planning for the Ceres annual conference program and other events to educate stakeholders on water and sustainable agriculture issues.
• Support the Manager, Senior Manager and Development Team with content on proposals, progress reports, and funder education.
• Maintain and regularly update all tracking systems, sustainable agriculture datasets and Salesforce tracking systems to ensure contacts, meetings, deliverables, news flow and other important information is tracked and available.
• Participate in both Water and Food team activities such as weekly team meetings, quarterly and annual program reviews, and annual planning meetings;
• Organize or coordinate special projects, as requested.
• Travel, as needed, to represent Ceres at conferences and events.
• Bachelor degree preferred. Associate degree, required.
• Four to five years of work experience, is required, preferably direct experience working in corporate or investment sectors with a business audience. Experience in nonprofit sectors working on sustainability-related issues, including sustainable agriculture preferred
• Strong quantitative and data analysis skills, including the ability to collect, sort and identify trends in large datasets, required.
• Strong writing, research, and analytical skills.
• Skilled with Excel and proficient with word-processing, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications. Experience with statistical analyses and ArcGIS online are a plus.
• Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
• Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
• Successful record of working on multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization.
• Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
• Interest and willingness to be trained on specific applications necessary for work: ReadyTalk, Salesforce, Bloomberg Terminal, etc.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Justmeans