REPORTS TO: Senior Program Manager
RAR MA is guided by a set of core values that set the stage for our work, as well as our hiring practice. We are: collaborative, evidence-based, culturally inclusive, family-focused, and committed to exceptional quality. Our mission requires that our staff have contact with and understand constituents from a broad array of backgrounds and cultures. To this end, we strive to create and support a team who also come from diverse backgrounds and traditions and who vary by their race and ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, religion, physical abilities, and educational backgrounds. RAR MA puts emphasis on hiring staff who are familiar with and reflect the backgrounds and experiences of the families we serve. Raising A Reader MA welcomes new ideas and encourages an effective and active exchange of views in an environment of mutual respect.
Open Program Position(s)
Raising A Reader MA currently has openings for several program roles on our Boston and Greater Boston teams. We are flexible with regards to schedule and level of responsibility, determined in accordance with the candidates’ experience and availability.
The Program Coordinator(s)/Manager(s) will be based in either our Chelsea or Boston office, with frequent travel to program partner sites across Boston and Greater Boston (Chelsea, Revere, Malden, Everett, Lynn). They will work at the direction of a region-based Senior Program Manager.
Program Team Overview
Each member of the program team is assigned a caseload of partners within and/or across communities, and is responsible for ensuring that all components of our program within those partnerships are implemented with fidelity. Specific community and partnership assignments may vary from year to year, and frequent travel between program sites is required.
As part of a data-driven organization, the position will work independently and with a team to achieve the following goals:
• 25% of participating children in the region have a parent who receives Raising A Reader MA parent educational content
• Parent education sessions average at least a 25% attendance rate
• All program and site partners receive appropriate support through visits and trainings
• Families report increasing the frequency of reading interactions and use of dialogic reading strategies
Program Coordinator Responsibilities:
o Build and maintain positive relationships at a programmatic level:
• Manage relationships with partner administrators
• Train partner staff (program implementers) and attend to their ongoing development as implementers
• Organize and facilitate parent workshops
• Cultivate the engagement of Parent Ambassadors and volunteers
o Adhere to annual program calendar and ensure program goals are met by coordinating program implementation with an identified caseload of partners
o Support successful maintenance and growth of community, at the direction of the Senior Program Manager, by:
• Supporting program evaluation strategies and tracking necessary data in Salesforce software
• Collaborating with community stakeholders, including community literacy councils, libraries and other community leaders
• Managing regional social media and other outlets for deepening community integration and raising awareness
• Working closely with supervisor to monitor expenses and stay on budget throughout the year
• Coordinating parent engagement efforts with the Parent Liaison
o Contribute to the Program Team to advance the impact of Raising A Reader MA
o Perform other related tasks as assigned
Program Manager Responsibilities:
In addition to the duties of a Program Coordinator, the Program Manager will also
• Hold overall responsibility for community level outcomes
• Develop a deep understanding of the community s/he serves: agencies present, areas and resources of need, funding streams, power players, neighborhood-aligned businesses, and more
• Build and maintain long-lasting, strategic relationships in the community and effectively promote Raising A Reader MA
• Recruit new partners to expand Raising A Reader MA’s reach in the community, as appropriate
• Support development staff in developing funding proposals and reporting results to funders
• Recruit and manage project-based interns and volunteers, as appropriate
• Entrepreneurial and charismatic with motivation and ability to establish Raising A Reader MA as an effective partner in the community
• Deep commitment to creating high-impact opportunities for children and families
• Familiarity with community preferred
• Bilingual in English and Spanish required
• Training and marketing abilities, leadership skills, and public speaking experience
• Creative thinking, specifically related to project implementation
• Ability to work independently
• Familiarity and comfort with technology applications; experience with Salesforce or similar data management system preferred
• Strong administrative capabilities, organizational skills and ability to multitask
• Exceptional ability to work effectively with people representing diverse cultures
• Car and valid driver’s license
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional/life experience) in Education, Human Services, or other related field
• Program Coordinator: 1+ years of experience in early childhood development, education or social services
• Program Manager: 3+ years of experience in early childhood development, education or social services
This position may be part time or full time, depending on need. Schedule is flexible within normal working hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm), and some evenings/weekends are required. Salary range is $30,000-$42,000 annually, depending on experience and pro-rated based on hours. Raising A Reader MA offers competitive benefits (for full time employees) and paid time off, and the office is closed for the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
To apply, please send resume and detailed cover letter to the address listed below. Please indicate preference for schedule and location, as well as where you learned about this opportunity.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.