Boston Trust & Investment Management Company
Walden Asset Management
Job Opening: Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Associate
Boston Trust & Investment Management Company (Boston Trust) is a 100% employee owned firm that provides portfolio management services to individual and institutional clients. The firm manages approximately $8 billion in client assets for institutional and high net worth investors. Boston Trust employs approximately sixty people and specializes in actively managed, high quality equity, fixed income, and balanced portfolios. Walden Asset Management, the sustainable, responsible, and impact (SRI) investing practice of Boston Trust, is a leader in managing portfolios for clients whose overall investment objectives include environmental, social, or governance factors. Boston Trust Investment Management, Inc. a subsidiary of Boston Trust is a registered investment advisor providing advice to a family of proprietary mutual funds.
1. ESG research: Examination and evaluation of companies’ products and services, environmental impact, workplace conditions, community impact, and corporate governance for inclusion in client portfolios; monitoring company ESG performance and issue-specific developments; and assistance in writing profiles of companies/issues.
2. Engagement: Provide research assistance to the ESG team to facilitate engagement with companies on a range of ESG issues through letters and meetings (in-person and telephone), shareholder resolutions, and public policy initiatives.
3. Marketing and Client Service Support: Assist in the development and maintenance of a variety of ESG-related marketing and client service materials, including issue and company briefs, prospective and existing client presentations, and website content.
4. Support: Other support and projects as needed.
Education: - BS/BA in a related field or equivalent direct experience desired
Tenure: - 1 to 2 years of related business or professional experience a plus
Competencies: - Demonstrated strong interest in corporate responsibility/sustainable investing
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and operate with the highest professional standards
- Must thrive in a team environment
- Preferred candidates will have knowledge of financial markets
Anticipated start date: Fall 2017
Boston Trust & Investment Management Company and Walden Asset Management are committed to diversity in the workplace. We seek to create an environment where all employees’ abilities and energies are fully utilized. We believe diversity enhances our opportunity to build a high-performance culture that enables us to succeed in a competitive business. Reasonable accommodations will be made available to any applicant requesting them for the application process.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Justmeans