If you want a typical job, look elsewhere. If you want to build a better tomorrow – and have the knowledge, passion and skills to do so – let us know.
Carol Cone ON PURPOSE is a small, fast-growing consultancy created by the “mother of cause branding,” Carol Cone. We believe it is essential for businesses to articulate and accelerate their purpose – beyond profits. That’s why we partner with organizations to identify what they stand for and activate meaningful cause-related, corporate responsibility and sustainability commitments.
Our clients are amazing. Visionary. Bold. Authentic. Innovative. They’re on a journey to achieve significant social, environmental AND business impact. They include Fortune 500 companies and brands, privately held firms, nonprofits and foundations. We also are building the world’s largest purpose community and network, The Purpose Collaborative, to provide best-in-class capabilities – strategy, creative, programming, engagement and more. The Collaborative currently includes 37 member organizations spanning 15 cities, 10 countries and more than 400 professionals.
We seek a vital player to support our partners, activate our clients' work, build the Purpose Collaborative community, and develop and share our content to advance the purpose movement. You will be the entrepreneurial lifeblood at the heart of our firm, working directly with partners, contributing, learning, and constantly taking on new and larger responsibilities.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity if you want to mold the future of purpose-driven brands and organizations in an authentic and engaging way. It’s also career-defining if you want to very seriously make your mark on the “new way” of doing business.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in an agency, consultancy or company in roles of increasing responsibility
• Burning curiosity about how a sustainable world should work – and a heartfelt, lifelong commitment to purpose and values in action
• Solid knowledge of purpose, CSR, and sustainability trends, research, and best-in-class programs
• Experience in marketing, communications, program strategy and management, and business development
• Ambition, drive, and a relentless focus on business and social impact results
• Superb writing, editing and listening skills
• First-rate social media capabilities, including the ability to create compelling content
• A digital commando: web research, PPT design, apps, and a little bit of hands-on tech support are second nature to you; Photoshop a plus
• Ability to multitask and gracefully keep many balls in the air at once
• Superb interpersonal skills, both in-person and virtual
• A collaborative soul, great sense of humor, and patience in the extreme
• Proven ability to manage up, down and sideways – dealing with complicated issues and visionary people with discretion and poise
• Self-confidence to take feedback and direction with aplomb
• Comfort in working independently and/or in a virtual capacity
• That special attitude to do whatever it takes to get the job done – administrative tasks one hour and running a client meeting the next
New York City is ideal; for the right candidate, we are open to a remote team member based anywhere in the U.S. or Canada.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience; benefits include extremely flexible work environment, healthcare or subsidy, and the ability to create your own future.
Sound like you? Send your incredibly persuasive cover letter and flawless resume, plus two compelling examples (links, attachments, etc.) of your work. No applications will be considered unless they contain all of these elements.