The Sorenson Impact Center at the David Eccles School of Business has grown to nearly 30 employees since 2013 and is considered one of the leading global social impact institutions.
The Center is seeking a new CEO who will helm the next stage of growth and achievement. The CEO would be privileged to work directly with world-renowned impact investor and Center founder, Jim Sorenson.
The position calls for leading a world-class staff who have shown a high capacity for collaboration and innovation. The CEO should accordingly value teamwork and transparency as well as demonstrate strong leadership and listening skills.
The CEO would travel to major conferences to engage with senior staff of prominent foundations, CDFI funds, and governments. Experience working in multiple sectors, such as business, government, nonprofits, and foundations is deemed vital for this role.
Ultimately, creativity and rapid problem solving will be critical in leading "version 2" of this highly-regarded impact investing center at a major university.
COMPENSATION: Negotiable- Depending on Experience. Strong benefit package including tuition reduction program, generous leave accrual, retirement and health plan options.
1. Personnel and Program Management of the Sorenson Impact Center
2. Budget Oversight of the Sorenson Impact Center
3. Financial and Operational Oversight and Compliance with University and Federal Grant Policies and Procedures
4. Developing and Maintaining Key Partnerships with Public and Private Agencies
5. Ensuring Student Educational Program is transformational
6. Securing and Maintaining Funding Partnerships
7. Domestic and International travel
8. Public Speaking on topics mentioned in the Program Summary
9. Provides strategic direction for assigned units by setting short and long-term goals, planning and implementing special projects and policies.
10. Maintains effective control of the unit’s budget while ensuring that funds are used to meet the goals and mission of the university and department.
11. Directs special interdisciplinary projects having impact on the overall operation and strategic direction of the department including developing strategies consistent with the Universities continuous quality improvement program.
12. Ensures competency of unit management/supervisory staff through on-going staff performance evaluation.
13. Markets and promotes new and existing programs and services to internal and external customers.
14. Facilitates cooperative and collaborative community and institutional relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or related area, or equivalency; nine years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, staff management, and effective communications skills required. Master’s degree in Business Administration, or related Area preferred.
PREFERENCES: The ideal candidate will have at least a Master’s degree with a Ph.D. in a related field preferred. The candidate should have expertise in the fields of public policy, impact investing, public-private partnership, social enterprise, and/or, pay for performance. While significant financial experience is not required, the candidate will be engaged in innovative financial structuring and advanced financial and data management, therefore strong finance skills are encouraged.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated leadership and managerial experience, as well as the ability to manage and comply with both University and Federal grant administration procedures. Prior experience working with a variety of government agencies is preferred. Previous work experience in an academic environment is not required; however, demonstrated skills in student engagement, teaching, publishing, research and thought leadership will be favorably considered.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of experience in program development and fundraising for research and development, topic specific issue items as well as client facing engagements in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors.
The ideal candidate will have a history of public speaking on impact measurement, policy and data analysis, private impact investing and/or government relations.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Justmeans