Associate, Company Network
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit: www.ceres.org.
Description & Responsibilities
The Associate, Company Network, supports the company engagement and programmatic work of the Company Network team. We seek an energetic, highly motivated, self-starter to play a critical programmatic and administrative support role, both internally and externally. The Associate will be part of a fourteen-person team working with companies to integrate sustainability into core business strategies, leveraging the Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability. This full-time position reports to one of the Company Network Directors and will be located in Boston, MA.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support engagements with Ceres Company Network members, using project management skills for planning, logistics, scheduling, note taking, and memo drafting, amongst other tasks.
• Conduct research and analysis on corporate sustainability performance, including benchmarking sector performance, writing briefs and memos, and creating presentations with associated speaking notes.
• Assist with special projects and support relationship management, primarily involving the Ceres Company Network members, Non-profit Network members, investors, and prospective Ceres companies.
• Facilitate team meetings, working with the Senior Directors to set meeting agendas and ensure follow up.
• Support team planning, goal setting, and impact tracking, working in concert with project leads.
• Serve as database point person for team members, including data entry and report creation on results, contact lists, and other information, as needed.
• Coordinate with other program teams (e.g. Investor Network, Communications, Development, Operations) as needed to accomplish organizational objectives.
• Attend internal and external meetings, as assigned, in order to take notes, identify next steps, and ensure follow-through of activities to completion.
• Assist team in roll out and distribution activities of key reports and special projects.
• Provide event and development activity support, including conducting research, drafting speaking points and/or presentations, and attending meetings, as needed.
• Assist with planning, coordination, and logistics for Ceres annual conference, Investor Summit, and other organization-wide events.
• Book travel, schedule meetings, and draft trip itineraries for Directors.
• Process Directors’ expense reports, reimbursements, and other finance-related administrative duties.
• Travel to meetings and events, as required.
• Bachelor degree. In absence of bachelor degree, at least 7 years relevant work experience or 5 years relevant work experience plus associate degree.
• Minimum of 3 years professional experience demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills, leadership ability, and project management abilities.
• Knowledge of, or experience with, sustainability issues, particularly understanding of the role of business, the investment community, and/or NGOs.
• Demonstrated initiative and motivation, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Sound judgment and high level of integrity and professionalism, with an ability to manage confidential information and maintain discretion, diplomacy, and courtesy in all contacts.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, with keen attention to detail.
• Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent research and problem-solving capabilities.
• Ability to work pro-actively, both independently and collaboratively with a team.
• Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation programs.
• Familiarity with Salesforce, a plus.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Justmeans