Assistant, Capital Market Systems
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
Ceres’ Capital Market Systems (CMS) team consolidates Ceres’ work on critical market levers that will help scale the transition to sustainable capital markets. The program works to (1) promote sustainable governance by corporate boards, and (2) press stock exchanges, securities regulators and other supranational bodies to mandate or otherwise encourage sustainability disclosure. Capital Market Systems team focuses on opportunities to achieve robust corporate disclosure and thoughtful decision-making that capitalizes on sustainability opportunities and tackles risks, by working with investors, companies, and key influencers, such as corporate directors, stock exchanges and securities regulators.
The CMS team is seeking an Assistant to support the program broadly, as well as support key projects on the governance and disclosure initiatives. We are looking for candidates with strong organizational and an interest in sustainability governance and disclosure. This full-time position is based in Boston, MA, and reports to the Program Director, Capital Market Systems.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Work with the Program Director, Capital Market Systems in setting up and maintaining systems for the Capital Markets Systems team. Responsibilities include:
• Organizing and supporting team meetings.
• Developing and maintaining team systems, including goals, program and outcomes trackers, systems on the Common, Salesforce.
• Organizing and coordinating CMS team’s Communications efforts, including where needed, drafting content for the website, newsletters, and other content.
• Supporting HR related efforts, including recruitment and team training.
• Supporting engagement with Ceres Board of Directors, including organizing the team to help develop Board materials.
• Represent CMS team at organizational meetings.
• Provide administrative support to Program Director, including scheduling, travel, and meeting prep.
• Provide administrative, logistical, and research support for team projects on sustainability governance and ESG disclosure.
• Support CMS staff on key projects, including organizing events and teleconferences, including scheduling, taking notes and follow up.
• Assist with project management of reports and other deliverables.
• Support Program Director and staff on presentations internally and externally on CMS priorities.
• Provide administrative support including: scheduling, preparing minutes for meetings and conference calls.
• As requested by Program Director, support the team on grant proposals, progress reports, and funder outreach.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• One to two years of work experience or internships, preferably direct experience working on sustainability-related issues.
• Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative, motivation.
• Strong project management skills.
• Ability to organize and execute multiple projects and to thrive in a fast-paced environment, including attention to detail.
• Strong research and writing skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Self-confidence mixed with humility to ask questions and look for guidance.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-starter who knows when to ask questions and get clarity.
• Experience working with and supporting senior level staff.
• Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, Google Docs, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
• Interest and willingness to be trained on specific applications necessary for work: ReadyTalk, Salesforce, listserv programs, etc.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Justmeans